Glycerin, the national standard is called glycerin, colorless, odorless, sweet taste, appearance was clear viscous liquid, is a kind of organic matter. Commonly known as glycerin.
Glycerin, which absorbs moisture from the air, also absorbs hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen cyanide and sulfur dioxide. Insoluble in benzene, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, carbon disulfide, petroleum ether and oil. Glycerol is the skeletal component of the triglyceride molecule. Relative density 1.26362. The melting temperature of 17.8 ℃. Boiling point 290.0℃ (decomposition). Refractive index 1.4746. Flash point (open cup) 176℃. Acute toxicity: LD50:31500 mg/kg(orally in rats).
Properties and stability
1. Colorless, transparent, odorless, sticky liquid, sweet taste, hygroscopic. Miscible with water and alcohols, amines, phenols in any proportion, aqueous solution is neutral. Soluble in 11 times ethyl acetate, about 500 times ethyl ether. Insoluble in benzene, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, carbon disulfide, petroleum ether, oil, long chain fatty alcohol. Flammable, in case of chromium dioxide, potassium chlorate and other strong oxidants can cause combustion and explosion. It is also a good solvent for many inorganic salts and gases. It is non-corrosive to metals and can be oxidized to acrolein when used as a solvent.
Chemical properties: esterification reaction with acid, such as esterification with phthalic acid to form alkyd resin. Transesterification occurs with esters. Reacts with hydrogen chloride to form chlorinated alcohols. There are two ways of dehydration of glycerol: intermolecular dehydration to obtain diglycerol and polyglycerol; Acrolein is obtained by intramolecular dehydration. Glycerol reacts with a base to form alcohols. Reacts with aldehydes and ketones to form acetals and ketones. Glyceraldehyde and dihydroxyacetone were oxidized with dilute nitric acid. Formic acid and formaldehyde are oxidized with periodate acid. Contact with strong oxidants such as chromic anhydride, potassium chlorate, or potassium permanganate can cause combustion or explosion. Glycerol can also act as nitration and acetylation.
2. Non-toxic. Even if drinking a dilute solution of up to 100g is harmless, it is oxidized after hydrolysis in the body and becomes a nutrient source. In animal experiments, it has the same anesthetic effect as alcohol when consumed in very large quantities.
3. It exists in flue-cured tobacco leaf, Burley tobacco leaf, spice tobacco leaf and flue gas.
4. Naturally found in tobacco, beer, wine and cocoa.
Gas chromatography fixed solution (maximum operating temperature 75℃, solvent is methanol), separation and analysis of low boiling point oxygen-containing compounds, amine compounds, nitrogen or oxygen heterocyclic compounds, can be completely separated 3-methylpyridine (boiling point 144.14℃) and 4-methylpyridine (boiling point 145.36℃), Suitable for the analysis of water solution, solvent, gas meter and hydraulic press damping liquid, softener, antibiotic fermentation with nutrients, desiccant, lubricants, pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics preparation, organic synthesis, plasticizer. Can be dissolved in any proportion with water, low concentration of glycerin solution can be used as a lubricant to moisturize the skin (casserole).
1, used for the manufacture of nitroglycerin, alkyd resin and epoxy resin.
2. In medicine, it is used to make all kinds of preparations, solvents, hygroscopers, antifreeze and sweeteners, external ointment or suppository, etc.
3, in the paint industry to make all kinds of alkyd resin, polyester resin, glycidyl ether and epoxy resin.
4, textile and printing and dyeing industry for the production of lubricants, hygroscopic agent, fabric anti-wrinkle treatment agent, diffusion agent and penetrant.
5, in the food industry as a sweetener, tobacco agent and hygroscopic agent and solvent.
6, in papermaking, cosmetics, leather, photography, printing, metal processing, electrical materials and rubber and other industries have a wide range of uses.
7, and used as automobile and aircraft fuel and oil field antifreeze.
Glycerin can be used as a plasticizer in the new ceramic industry.
Food grade glycerol one of the highest quality - biological refined glycerol, in addition to contain glycerol, ester, glucose and other reducing sugars, belongs to the polyol glycerol; In addition to moisturizing and moistening functions, it also has special effects such as high activity, anti-oxidation and alcohol promotion.
Complete oxidation of each gram of glycerin can produce 4 kcal calories, which will not change blood glucose and insulin levels after absorption by the body. Glycerin is a commonly used sweetener and moisturizer in the food processing industry, mostly found in sports food and dairy products.
Application in fruit juice, fruit vinegar and other drinks
Fruits of different qualities contain tannins to varying degrees, and tannins are the source of bitter and astringent taste in fruits.
Function: quickly decompose the bitter and astringent peculiar smell in fruit juice and fruit vinegar drinks, improve the thick taste and fragrance of fruit juice itself, bright appearance, sweet and sour taste.
Application in fruit wine industry
Wine made from fruit or other dry fresh fruit, but the preparation method is different, called fruit wine (dry red, dry white), fruit wine tannin, tannin is the source of bitter, astringent taste.
Function: decompose tannin in fruit wine, improve the quality and taste of wine, remove bitterness and astringency.
Amount added: 1%
The application of jerky, sausage and bacon industry
Preserved products, dried meat, sausage usage:
In the process of production, the plant refined glycerin diluted with more than 50 degrees of pure grain wine, evenly sprayed on the meat or cut meat, fully kneading or stirring.
Function: lock water, moisturize, achieve weight gain effect, prolong shelf life.
Application of preserved fruit industry
During the processing and production of preserved fruit, the product is easy to lose water and become dry and hard due to storage problems. Tannin is also contained in fruits.
Function: lock water, moisturize, restrain the contrary tannin hyperplasia, achieve the effect of protecting color, keeping fresh, increasing weight and extending shelf life.
1. Store in a clean and dry place and pay attention to sealed storage. Pay attention to moistureproof, waterproof, heat proof, strictly prohibit mixing with strong oxidant. Can be stored in tin or stainless steel containers.
2. Galvanized iron bucket 250KG, water purification, ton bucket. During storage and transportation, it should be moisture-proof, heat-proof and waterproof. Store and transport in accordance with the provisions of general chemicals.