Polyethylene glycol is nontoxic, nonirritating, and has excellent solubility, compatibility, lubrication, adhesion and thermal stability. Therefore, as lubricants, dispersants, adhesives, excipients and so on, in the pharmaceutical, veterinary and cosmetic industry as ointments, suppository matrix, drop pills, tablets carrier, molding agents and injection solvents, etc., have a very wide range of applications.
1. Polyethylene glycol series products can be used as medicine. Low relative molecular weight of polyethylene glycol (PEG) can be used as a solvent, cosolvent, o/w emulsifier and stabilizer, suspension, emulsion, used to make cement injection, etc., are also used as a water-soluble ointment and suppository matrix, the matrix of high relative molecular weight solid waxy polyethylene glycol (PEG) is often used to increase the PEG viscosity and low molecular weight liquid to solid, and of other drugs; For drugs that are not easy to dissolve in water, this product can be used as a carrier of solid dispersing agent to achieve the purpose of solid dispersing. PEG4000 and PEG6000 are good coating materials, hydrophilic polishing materials, film materials and capsule materials, plasticizers, lubricants and dropping pills matrix, used for preparing tablets, pills, capsules, microcapsules and so on.
2. Polyethylene glycol series products can be used as raw materials of ester surfactant.
3. Peg-200 can be used as a medium for organic synthesis and a heat carrier with high requirements. It can be used as a humectant, inorganic salt solubilizer and viscosity regulator in daily chemical industry. Used as softener and antistatic agent in textile industry; Used as wetting agent in paper industry and pesticide industry.
4. Polyethylene glycol PEG4000 and PEG6000 are used as excipients in the pharmaceutical industry, as suppositories and ointments; Used as finishing agent in paper industry to increase the gloss and smoothness of paper; In the rubber industry as an additive, increase the lubricity and plasticity of rubber products, reduce the power consumption in the processing process, prolong the rubber
Service life of the product.
5. Peg-2000 and PEG-3000 are used as mold casting agent for metal processing, lubricant and cutting fluid for metal drawing, stamping or forming, polishing agent for grinding cooling and lubrication, welding agent, etc.; Used in the paper industry as a lubricant, etc., and also as a hot-melt adhesive to increase rapid rewetting capacity.
6. PEG8000 is used as a substrate in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry to regulate the viscosity and melting point; It is used as lubricant and coolant in rubber and metal processing industry, dispersant and emulsifier in pesticide and pigment industry. Used as antistatic agent, lubricant and so on in textile industry.
7. Peg-4000 and PEG-6000 are used as substrates in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries to regulate the viscosity and melting point; It is used as lubricant and coolant in rubber and metal processing industry, dispersant and emulsifier in pesticide and pigment industry. Used as antistatic agent, lubricant and so on in textile industry.